Sunday 31 July 2011

Snake and Castles - Longest Training Cycle with Mil

A great training ride today with Mil (friend and former colleague from ITNET), longest ever cycle covering 56 miles. Many thanks Mil, it was a really good test of my fitness (particularly as I did the ride on my mountain bike) and my kit for Ghana.  I was particularly impressed with the base layer which kept me cool, very good investment, even though it does not seem right wearing 2 layers in hot weather!

Map of the route
The route was from Wythall to Kenilworth Castle, in Warwickshire...





 via Warwick Castle...




... and then through Great Alne before the return climb up to Wythall.  The weather was great with  sunshine and the temperature reached 25 degrees.

Not long after leaving Great Alne we came across this snake on the road.  It was either sleeping or "expired".  We believe it is an English Adder and was approximately 18 inches long!

We think it is an English Adder

No comments:

Post a Comment