Wednesday 20 April 2011

Saving Scoobie

On my early morning training cycle yesterday I was confronted by a small, tired, ragged dog (Snowzer) in the middle of the road on my final hill back to home.

I was concerned that the dog would get run over in the morning traffic, so got of my bike (exhausted after 20 miles) and I used my bike to shield him.

I tried to pick him up to carry him to safety but he was not having that!

I managed to direct him to the nearest house where I thought he may have escaped. I eventually awoke the house but he was not a resident. I borrowed a lead and managed to walk dog and bike back home.

We took him to the local vet and thankfully he was micro chipped and 'scoobie' lived about 2 miles to where I found him.

Scoobie and his owners were reunited later in then morning and a happy ending all round!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment