Saturday 3 September 2011

Cannock Chase - Off Road Training

Many thanks to my friend Phil for taking my brother Gary (also doing the Go Ghana Cycle Challenge) and myself around off road trails in Cannock Chase for a training session.

It was great to get off roads and gain some experience of trails which should give us good preparation for the off road (60%) sections of the cycle challenge.  As it has been dry recently the trails were very dusty and we pretended we were in 34 degree Ghana!

Some great routes through the forestry commission on red, blue and green tracks.

I managed to fall off close to the start with only slight bruising of my side and pride.

Amazing difference to being on the road. We covered 15 miles in 2 hours which we could have covered in half the time on the road.

It was really great to be able to spend time with my brother to do joint training especially with only 4 weeks to the event and we are both so excited.

At the highest point on Cannock Chase:



Phil, Gary and Neil after a well earned break.  Thanks to Phil for the donation for the coffees:


No comments:

Post a Comment